[R] Importing surface data

Wayne Walker wwalker at umich.edu
Sat Apr 2 02:23:28 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm attempting to create a surface plot similar to that produced with the volcano data.  Athough I understand persp() and can plot the volcano data just fine, I'm struggling with how best to format my own data file for subsequent importing.  I've read through the available materials, but I'm not yet familiar enough with R to put this information to good use.  Thus, can anyone suggest the most appropriate format for a *.txt file containing data of this sort, and the subsequent commands for getting the data read in?  Thank you for your time!

Wayne Walker