[R] using GAM to assess the linearity in logistic regression

ronggui 0034058 at fudan.edu.cn
Sat Apr 2 05:19:24 CEST 2005

as agresti(2002) points out that we had better to screen the data to see if the the logit(pi) and the predictor has linear realtionship in logistic regressin.and i find some materials  in MASS and the refernce of s-plus.but it is a bit  simple and i can not exactly master the means to assess the linearity in logistic regression. so anyone suggest some materials?

i am not familiar with GAM,but i think thers maybe some materials can let me use GAM to assess the linearity in logistic regression without master GAM model. is it right?

thank you!