[R] emacs + R?

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Apr 4 11:33:58 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 10:11 +0200, Giorgio Corani wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> As far I as I have understood reading both your past posting and the
> documentation, in order to have the  command-line completion facility, I
> have to run R within emacs.
>
> However, as I try to start R within emacs as recommended:
> C-u M-x R
> emacs answers [no match]
>
> the same if I provide the whole path to  the executable:
> C-u M-x /usr/bin/R    [no match]

You need to install the package (library?) ESS for R to work with emacs.
It's really easy if you are using Debian, gust apt-get ess.

F.

--
Federico C. F. Calboli
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health

Tel  +44 (0)20 7594 1602     Fax (+44) 020 7594 3193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com