[R] Courses- May 2005***R/S-plus Programming Techniques

elvis@xlsolutions-corp.com elvis at xlsolutions-corp.com
Wed Apr 6 15:35:00 CEST 2005

XLSolutions Corporation (www.xlsolutions-corp.com) is proud to
announce our May-2005  2-day "R/S-plus Fundamentals and Programming
Techniques" at 4 US locations:

www.xlsolutions-corp.com/training.htm

 **** Philadelphia -----------------------> May 19-20
 **** Raleigh ----------------------------> May 19-20
 **** San Francisco ----------------------> May 26-27
 **** Seattle ----------------------------> May 26-27

 Reserve your seat now at the early bird rates! Payment due AFTER
 the class.

 Course Description:

 This two-day beginner to intermediate R/S-plus course focuses on a
 broad spectrum of topics, from reading raw data to a comparison of R
 and S. We will learn the essentials of data manipulation, graphical
 visualization and R/S-plus programming. We will explore statistical
 data analysis tools,including graphics with data sets. How to enhance
 your plots. We will perform basic statistics and fit linear regression
 models. Participants are encouraged to bring data for interactive
 sessions

 With the following outline:

 - An Overview of R and S
 - Data Manipulation and Graphics
 - Using Lattice Graphics
 - A Comparison of R and S-Plus
 - How can R Complement SAS?
 - Writing Functions
 - Avoiding Loops
 - Vectorization
 - Statistical Modeling
 - Project Management
 - Techniques for Effective use of R and S
 - Enhancing Plots
 - Using High-level Plotting Functions
 - Building and Distributing Packages (libraries)
 - Connecting to other software, ODBC, Tcl/Tk, Rweb,Rcgi

 Email us for group discounts.
 Email Sue Turner: sue at xlsolutions-corp.com
 Phone: 206-686-1578
 Visit us: www.xlsolutions-corp.com/training.htm
 Please let us know if you and your colleagues are interested in this
 classto take advantage of group discount. Register now to secure your
 seat!

 Interested in R/Splus Advanced course? email us.

 Cheers,
 Elvis Miller, PhD
 Manager Training.
 XLSolutions Corporation