[R] sweave bwplot error

Friedrich.Leisch@tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 7 13:12:12 CEST 2005

  > Hi
  > I use sweave and have a problem with the following figure, but not with
  > other figures:

  > tt <- data.frame(c("a", "b", "c"), c(1.2, 3, 4.5))
  > names(tt) <- c("x1", "x2")
  > bwplot(x2 ~x1, data = tt)

  > ok now in sweave:

  > \begin{figure}[H]
  >    \begin{center}
  > <<echo=FALSE, fig=TRUE, height=5, width=10>>=
  > lset(col.whitebg())
  > bwplot(x2 ~x1, data = tt)
  > @
  >      \caption{xxx}
  >    \end{center}
  > \end{figure}

  > PROBLEM:
  > the pdf of the figure is not correctly created (neither the esp) and the
  > error I get from sweave is:
  > pdf inclusion: required page does not exist <0>

>From the Sweave FAQ:

A.6  Why do R lattice graphics not work?

The commands in package lattice have different behavior than the
standard plot commands in the base package: lattice commands return an
object of class "trellis", the actual plotting is performed by the
print method for the class. Encapsulating calls to lattice functions
in print() statements should do the trick, e.g.:

<<fig=TRUE>>=
library(lattice)
print(bwplot(1:10))
@

should work.

                        Friedrich Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch