[R] parameterisation of Factor levels

MJ Price, Social Medicine Malcolm.Price at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Apr 7 16:00:13 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to fit simple 2 factor (factors A and B - 3 and 2 levels
respectively) poisson regression model. Inititially a pure error model is
fitted and significance tests are performed on each parameter. I wish to
remove an individual parameter from the model - the interaction between the
second level of factor A and factor B. However i only seem to be able to
remove the AB (all interactions between A and B) term, which is no use as
it also removes the interaction term between level 3 of Factor A and factor
B. Can anyone help with this.

Thanks

Malcolm

MJ Price, Social Medicine