[R] error on install Rmpi packages

Thomas Schönhoff tom_hoary at web.de
Sat Apr 9 12:15:00 CEST 2005

Hello Marcello,

Am Freitag, 8. April 2005 16:27 schrieb Marcelo Luiz de Laia:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I need to install Rmpi Package on my linux debian like, but I get
> some errors.
>
> I try to instal it using install.packages or after download and
> save it on my local dir and run R CMD INSTALL packagename and,
> both, I get these errors:
>
> checking mpi.h usability... no
> checking mpi.h presence... no
> checking for mpi.h... no
> Try to find mpi.h ...
> Cannot find mpi header file.
> Please use --with-mpi=/path/to/mpi
> ERROR: configuration failed for package 'Rmpi'

Seems to me that your local installation is missing a
devel-package(=,Cannot find mpi header file) don't know exactly what
package to look for, though!

Why don't you use the wonderful packages of Dirk Edenbüttel ? You can
install them smoothly by "apt-get install <package-name>"??

Maybe 'apt-cache search mpi' will be a step forward.....

> I search on archivies help but dont get any issues.
>
> I use Rmpi_0.4-9.tar.gz.

or did you read the install instructions of Rmpi, especially the part
on dependencies. Mostly there are some information on what packages
have to be installed before starting to compile Rmpi package.

regards

Thomas