[R] PostScript scatter plot, losing points at RHS

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sat Apr 9 17:45:43 CEST 2005

Jonathan Campbell wrote:

> I'm using the following sequence to plot a scatter plot to PostScript.
> Those familiar with the Iris LDA example in MASS will recognise what
> I'm at.

No, I don't recognise:

- Which edition of MASS?
- I don't see "hulda" nor "hu.ld". Really, do you expect us to read
through the whole book again to search for some object called "hu.ld"???
- Which Chapter/Section?
- Please specify a reproducible example, as the posting guide ask you to do.

>>postscript("hulda.eps", horizontal=FALSE, onefile=TRUE, height=6, width=6, pointsize=8, paper="special")
>

>>plot(hu.ld, type = "n", xlab= "first linear discriminant", ylab="second linear discriminant" )
>

>>text(hu.ld, labels = as.character(hu.species))
>

> All fine except that, compared to the screen plot (apparently
> correct), 13 data points are missing on the right hand side.

Let me guess: Clipping occured and you may or may not want to rearrange
spaces or set something like par(xpd=NA).

> There is space for them, i.e. the plot is simply blank where they
> should be; and extending the height and width makes no difference.
>
> Version 1.9.0  (2004-04-12); running on Linux Fedora Core 2.

This version of R is really outdated these days. If my guess mentioned
above is wrong, please try out R-2.1.0 beta and specify a reproducible
example.

Uwe Ligges