[R] lmer

Renaud Lancelot renaud.lancelot at cirad.fr
Sun Apr 10 19:12:04 CEST 2005

Uwe Ligges a écrit :
> David Barron wrote:
>
>> Since the recent update to package lme4, I now get an error when
>> trying to
>> print the results using lmer to obtain model estimates for anything other
>> than a liner mixed model.  For example,
>> (fm1 <- lmer(decrease ~ treatment + (1|rowpos) +
>> (1|colpos),family=poisson(),
>>              data=OrchardSprays))
>>
>> Produces the error:
>>
>> Error in checkSlotAssignment(object, name, value) :         Assignment
>> of an object of class "NULL" is not valid for slot
>> "frame" in an object of class "summary.lmer"; is(value, "data.frame")
>> is not
>> TRUE
>> Error in show(new("summary.lmer", object, useScale = TRUE,
>> showCorrelation =
>> FALSE)) :         Unable to find the argument "object" in selecting a
>> method for
>> function "show"
>

> Yes, the recent version has also some inconsistancy with the mlmRev
> package, perhaps a bug .... Doug Bates certainly knows better.
>
> Version 0.95-1 has not had this problem (but others, I think).
> If you want to "downgrade" for the meantime,
> check out CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/last/
> with "old" versions of Matrix, lme4 and friends.
>
> Uwe Ligges
>

>> My version information:
>>
>> platform i386-pc-mingw32
>> arch     i386           os       mingw32        system   i386,
>> mingw32  status                  major    2              minor
>> 0.1            year     2004           month    11
>> day      15             language R
>> Any help greately appreciated!

Quoting Douglas Bates after a private message (last Friday) on this topic:

[...]
I must change the lmer methods for GLMMs to correspond to the new lmer
structure.  I won't be able to fix this immediately as I leave early
tomorrow morning for Montreal to teach a short course.  Look for a new
lme4 package by midweek next week.

Best,

Renaud

--