[R] How to suppress the printing of warnings (Windows)?

Jacho-Chavez,DT (pgr) D.T.Jacho-Chavez at lse.ac.uk
Mon Apr 11 14:14:31 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I'm a newbie in R. I am running simulations using a fixed bandwidth in nonparametric regressions, sending all the output to a file myoutput.txt using sink("myoutput.txt"), & R is printing all warnings by the end of the simulation on the file. I know the source of the problem & can take care of it. However, finding a 50 MB file (where all the output is printed, e.g. myoutput.txt) by the end of the simulation exercise is not quite pleasant. How could I turn them off completely?, so they are not printed in myoutput.txt file.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

David