[R] How to calculate the AUC in R

"Dubas, João Paulo" joao.dubas at superig.com.br
Mon Apr 11 19:24:59 CEST 2005

Hello R-listers,

I'm working in an experiment that try to determine the degree of
infection of different clones of a fungus and, one of the measures we
use to determine these degree is the counting of antibodies in the
plasma at different dilutions, in this experiment the maximum number of
dilutions was eleven. I already checked for differences on the maximum
concentration of the antibodies in function of each clone of the fungus.
However one measure of interest is the area under the curve (AUC) for
the counting of antibodies in function of dilution. Unfortunately I
don't know how to calculate the AUC. Someone can point me an example of
this procedure or a package that implements this calculation?

Thanks for the help,
João Paulo Dubas.