[R] R Package: mmlcr and/or flexmix

Geller, Scott (IHG) Scott.Geller at ichotelsgroup.com
Tue Apr 12 06:44:17 CEST 2005

Greetings

I'm a relatively new R user and I'm trying to build a latent class model.
I've used the 'R Site Search' and it appears there's not much dialogue on
these packages

On mmlcr, I've gotten it working, but not sure if I'm using it correctly.

On flexmix, I can only seem to get results for one class.

I'm attaching my code below - if anyone is familiar with either of these
packages, I'd really appreciate some assistance or direction.  I'm also
attaching a small sample dataset.

Many thanks for your help!

Scott Geller

library(mmlcr)

model2 = mmlcr(outer = ~ first_brand_HOLIDAY + perc_zone1 +
perc_Group_nights + perc_num_asian + DaysBetweenStays + CROStays +
DaysSinceLastStay + wghtmean_median_age_pop100 + perc_num_white +
perc_num_hispanic + perc_CROStays + numMonthsActive + WEBStays +
property_loyalty + perc_NoZone + ltgold1 + ltgold3  + rho + p_hat_PCR|
gst_id, components = list(list(formula = nts ~ PCR_Dummy_class, class =
"poislong")),data=Dataset, n.groups = 5, max.iter = 5000)

libray(flexmix)

m1<-flexmix(nts ~ first_brand_HOLIDAY+ perc_zone1+ perc_Group_nights+
perc_num_asian+  DaysBetweenStays+ CROStays+ DaysSinceLastStay+
wghtmean_median_age_pop100+ perc_num_white+ perc_num_hispanic+
perc_CROStays+ numMonthsActive+ WEBStays+ property_loyalty+ perc_NoZone+
rho+ PCR_Dummy_class+ ltgold1+ ltgold3+ p_hat_PCR, data = data, k = 2, model
= FLXglm(family = "poisson"))

rm1<-refit(m1)

summary(rm1)

Scott Geller