[R] How to change letters after space into capital letters

McGehee, Robert Robert.McGehee at geodecapital.com
Tue Apr 12 19:30:37 CEST 2005

This short function capitalizes the first letter of each word in a
character string, which is what I think you want.

capitalize <- function(x) {
    x <- strsplit(x, " ")
    for (i in seq(along = x)) {
        substr(x[[i]], 1, 1) <- toupper(substr(x[[i]], 1, 1))
    }
    sapply(x, function(z) paste(z, collapse = " "))
}

Robert