[R] pstoedit

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:08:47 CEST 2005

On 4/13/05, Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk wrote:

> >> You can only do that using pstoedit on Windows.
> >>                                      ^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Well, I have pstoedit on Linux and with
> >
> >  pstoedit -f emf infile.eps outfile.emf
> >
> > I get what is claimed to be "Enhanced Windows metafile"
> > and which can be imported into Word (though then it is
> > subsequently somewhat resistant to editing operations,
> > such as rotating if it's the wrong way up).
>
> Maybe, but the URL quoted says
>
> pstoedit 3.40
>
> # Windows Meta Files (WMF) (Windows 9x/NT only)
> # Enhanced Windows Meta Files (EMF) (Windows 9x/NT only)
>
> so the quoted URL claims otherwise for the current version.

If you follow the link for exact support, you find out that it
supports EMF using a

wemf - Wogls version of EMF
wemfc - Wogls version of EMF with experimental clip support
wemfnss - Wogls version of EMF - no subpathes

which is apparently different than the MS Windows EMF support.  How,
it isn't clear from the documentation.

best,
-tony

"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

A.J. Rossini
blindglobe at gmail.com