[R] Fitting a mixed negative binomial model

dave fournier orders at otter-rsch.com
Wed Apr 13 21:05:54 CEST 2005

 > I *think* (but am not sure) that these guys were actually (politely)
 >advertising a commercial package that they're developing.  But,
looking >at
 >the web page, it seems that this module may be freely available -- >can't
 >tell at the moment.

 >    Ben

The Software for negative binomial mixed models will be
free ie free as in you can use it without paying anything.
It is built using our
proprietary software.  The idea is to show how our software
is good for building nonlinear statstical models including
those with random effects.  Turning our stand alone software
into somethng that can be called easily from r has been a
bit of a steep learning curve for me, but we are making progress.
So far we have looked at 3 models. The model in Booth et al. (easy).
An overdispersed data set that turned out probably be
a zero inflated poisson (faily easy but the negative binomial
is only fit to be rejected for the simpler model) and
what appears to be a true negative binomial (difficult but
doable) and we are discussing the form of the model with the
person who wishes to analyze it.

A few more data sets would be useful if anyone has
an application so that we can ensure the robustness of our
software.

         Dave

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.