[R] calling r, from SAS, batch mode

Y Y ssquid at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:16:04 CEST 2005

I generally work in SAS but have some graphics features I would like to
run in r.   I would like to do this 'automatically' from SAS.

I'm thinking of  something along the lines of putting the r code in a text
file and calling system of x on it;  r would expect the data in a certain place,
and my SAS would drop the data in the right place/filename before invoking
r.

x 'r.exe myfile.r';

Does anybody have any experience using r from within SAS like this
or in a better way ?

Alas, searching for a one word character r to find an archived answer
is not easy SAS-L.

S.
ssquid at gmail.com