[R] compiling & installing R devel version on Debian

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 12:07:00 CEST 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Stefano Calza wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm compiling the devel version of R on Debian GNU/Linux, and installing
> it into /usr/local tree (instead of default /usr). So:

The default *is* --prefix=/usr/local (no trailing space). Are you sure you
are not getting R confused with some other version, e.g. by having R_LIBS
set to point to your other installation?

> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/
> make
> make install
>
> Everything works fine, but when I start R I get the following error
> messages (traslated from italian, sorry):

If it passes `make check' then the build is fine, you are just not using it.
Please do try make check before installation.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk