[R] Display execution in a function

Sebastien Durand sebastien.durand at UMontreal.CA
Fri Apr 15 00:57:31 CEST 2005

Dear all,

Here is a simplified version of a function I made:

############

plotfunc<-function(x){
#x a vector
cat("please select two points","\n")
plot(x)
points<-locator(2)
return(points)
}

############

Using R version 1.01 for mac os x (aqua GUI)

I would like to know what should I do to make
sure that my text line will be printed prior to
the drawing of the plot.
I hope you will agree with me that it is not
useful to have the plot displayed and R waiting
for user input while nothing has yet been
displayed for instructions!

Thanks a lot

PS.:  I have tried this on both a R version 1.01
and 1.00 and on a G5 dual processor as well as on
a powerbook G4

Sebastien Durand