[R] Install problem on Solaris 9

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 19 17:48:34 CEST 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Shields, Rusty (IMS) wrote:

> Sorry.  I posted the contents of foreign.ts.out from an attempted "make"
> that included the -m64 options for the gcc, etc.

We haven't see the one that actually failed, as yet.  Please start again
from scratch, keep careful records and send us the foreign.ts that
actually failed.

It is difficult enough to debug remotely without being given the wrong
information.

We do know that if the instructions in R-admin are followed accurately, it
does work for several people.

> I'm running
>
> 	./configure --prefix=/opt/net/r
>
> My config.site contains:
>
>    CC="gcc"
>    CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include"
>    F77="g77"
>    LDFLAGS="-L/opt/net/utils/gcc3.4.1/lib/"
>    CXX="g++"
>
> Everything worked fine up until it got to the "foreign" package.
>
>> From config.log, these messages appear.  Are they related?

Which config.log?  Almost certainly not.

[...]

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk