[R] when can we expect Prof Tierney's compiled R?

Luke Tierney luke at stat.uiowa.edu
Wed Apr 20 16:33:23 CEST 2005

I hope to be making some substantial progress on this over summer.
But I would not hold up any projects in anticipation of major R
changes--the current recommended strategy of first writing something
that is correct, profiling to find out where a performance problem is
if there is one, and then (maybe) optimizing by rewriting R code or
coding core bits in C or Fortran is likely to remain the best strategy
for a long time to come.

Best,

luke