[R] newby trying to solve a system

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Apr 20 19:27:34 CEST 2005

      Have you considered multiplying the first set of equations by the
denominator to convert them to something like the following:

      x1*(A1+B1+C1)-A1=0.

      This will give you 12 equations in 9 unknowns.  For this, "lm"
will give you the least squares solution.  If the system has a single
unique solution, "lm" will find it and report a residual standard
deviation equivalent to round-off error.  To do this, it helps to make a
"data.frame", described, e.g., in "An Introduction to R" available via
help.start().

      spencer graves