[R] RCMD check error windows

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sat Apr 23 17:17:06 CEST 2005

Dear Uwe,

> Is this a full installation of R (I guess you have not compiled it
> yourself)? If yes, does gcc, perl and friends work?
> In the first place, libR.a must be compiled at this point which should
> happen automatically.
> But it is really hard to say which of the tools fails exactly.
>
> Uwe Ligges

I have just intalled R 2.1.0 pre-compiled from CRAN and I can confirm
this is a full installation. R works wonderfully well (as usual). Perl
at least work since I have built 'simple' packages since long through
it, without any problem. John Fox's scripts helped a lot at the
beginning and now I write the code RCMD... directly. However, I don't
now about gcc and I don't remember to have installed something like this
and even how it should be done...   Is there a place where I could  find
and check step-by-step the sequence of what must be done for get and
appropriate environment installation under Windows XP?