[R] Upgrading R

Gorjanc Gregor Gregor.Gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Sun Apr 24 14:45:19 CEST 2005

Hello!

New version of R has came out and I would like to thank to all developers
on this matter. So I should probably upgrade. Fine and no problem. For
windows I just grab the latest precompiled binnaries and install them. Then
I see a report on a bug, which is or will be fixed in pacthed version. So
I need to get binnaries from patched build and install them, right?

How often do you people upgrade R on windows? For every patch? I know that
it depends on the bug, but I would just like to hear what are your habits.

I suppose Debian packages of "base R" are updated accordingly to R patches,
aren't they?

Thanks in advance!

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc

University of Ljubljana
Biotechnical Faculty       URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Zootechnical Department    email: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
Groblje 3                  tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
SI-1230 Domzale            fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888
Slovenia