[R] Error using e1071 svm: NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Tue Apr 26 17:09:42 CEST 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:46:20 +0100 João Mendes Moreira wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As far I saw in archive mailing list, I am not the first person with
> this problem. Anyway I was not able to pass this error once the
> information I got from the archive it is not very conclusive for this
> case. I have used linear, radial and sigmoid kernels for the same data
> in the same conditions and everything is ok.  This problem just
> happens with the polynomial kernel. I send the debuging result from a
> reproducible example. The error message is at the end.

I receive a different error message:
  Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : Object "Fim" not found
So much for the reproducibility... Wouldn't it be possible to simply use
a data set that is already available in R, *please*?

Anyways, it seems that your specification of `nu' causes the
problem: 0 might be a little bit too small.