[R] lattice plot problem!

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at dpi.wa.gov.au
Wed Apr 27 05:35:30 CEST 2005

Lattice is not my forte but here goes.

?panel.bwplot specifically notes that "pch, col, cex: graphical parameters controlling the dot". If you look at the code for panel.bwplot you will see where the colours come from in which case you can probably set up your own colour scheme using trellis.par.set.

If you are trying to change the symbol so that it is a small line that can be done using the pch parameter, however it sounds as if you are wanting to substitute the symbol for a line in which case you might have to write your own function. a good starting point would be the existing function. A quick look suggests to me that all you would have to do is to replace the stats$stats[3] code from grid.points to grid.lines.

Tom