[R] R/Splus--Perl Interface && ssh

XIAO LIU xiaoliu at jhmi.edu
Wed Apr 27 18:02:42 CEST 2005

Hi:

I'm using RSPerl_0.6-3 calling R from Perl under UNIX system. My perl programs with the RSPerl work well in my computer.  If submitting these programs to a UNIX system by 'ssh' or to GNQS system by 'qsub', these programs do not work even though both systems can run R.  Details are following.  Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Xiao

My perl program 'tt.pl'
   #!/usr/bin/perl -w
   use R;
   use RReferences;
   &R::initR("--silent");
   &R::setDebug(0);
   &R::library("RSPerl");
   @t = &R::call("min", (1,2));

I have a script 'doRSPerltt' for the perl program
   #!/bin/csh
   setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/lib/R/lib
   setenv R_HOME /usr/lib/R
   perl -I/usr/lib/R/site-library/RSPerl/examples/../share/blib/arch -I/usr/lib/R/site-library/RSPerl/examples/../share/blib/lib -I/usr/lib/R/site-library/RSPerl/scripts t
t.pl

I used ssh to submit my job to machine 'queen'
   ssh queen 'cd /nfs/fs/clarke/xiaoliu && ./doRSPerltt'
An error message returns
   Fatal error: you must specify `--save', `--no-save' or `--vanilla'

If using 'qsub' to submit my job to a GNQS system
   qsub
   doRSPerltt
An error message returns
   Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor).
   Thus no job control in this shell.
   Fatal error: you must specify `--save', `--no-save' or `--vanilla'