[R] shading in line plots

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at dpi.wa.gov.au
Fri Apr 29 05:23:30 CEST 2005

Just a little bit of trivia.

The 2001 Census in Australia had a significant group of people who responded to the question of religion with the answer Jedi or Jedi Knight. Unfortunately the Australian Bureau of Statistics is a bit fuddy duddy about the issue as they see it as a trivialisation of the question rather than as a serious sociological (not necessarily religious) response by certain sections of the community, otherwise we might have had a complete profile of said ubergeeks. One small point is that the question on religion is the only voluntary (or optional as the ABS puts it) question in the form.

www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/D3110124.NSF/ 0/86429d11c45d4e73ca256a400006af80?OpenDocument

(you need to keep the space before the zero otherwise you end up elsewhere on the ABS site. The document is called "The 2001 Census, Religion and the Jedi")

Tom