[R] R2.1.0: X11 font at size 14 could not be loaded

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 30 08:02:07 CEST 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Xiang-Jun Lu wrote:

[...]

> As stated previously, this error does not occur with R2.0.1 on the same
> machine. Any clue re what could be wrong with my setting? For my purpose,
> R2.0.1 is sufficient, but it would be nice to get this problem solved.

We have already explained that 2.0.1 was not using the correct font size,
and that this is a problem with your X11 setup: probably your 100dpi set
is not yet functional and you need to tell your X server to use it
(possibly rebooting will suffice, or you may need to alter a configuration
file).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk