[R] Test for autocorrelation in nlme model

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Apr 30 22:26:34 CEST 2005

	  Have you reviewed Pinheiro and Bates (2000) Mixed-Effects Models in S
and S-PLUS (Springer)?  They provide examples with diagnostic plots,
confidence intervals and likelihood ratio tests in sec. 5.3, for example.

	   spencer graves

Revilla,AJ (pgt) wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am fitting a nonlinear mixed-effects model
from a balanced panel of data using nlme. I would
like to know whay would be the best options for
formally testing for autocorrelation. Is it
possible to carry out a Durbin-Watson test on a
nlme object? As far as I've seen, I think the
durbin.watson function from the car package just
works on lm objects.