[R] can we manage memory usage to increase speed?

Tuszynski, Jaroslaw W. JAROSLAW.W.TUSZYNSKI at saic.com
Tue Aug 2 15:16:14 CEST 2005

If you have a code that takes 2 weeks to run, than it might be a case of
inefficient algorithm design. I was able to go from overnight runs (SELDI
data analysis) to 20 minute runs by identifying single inefficient function
that took most of the time, and writing it in C.

Jarek

 Jarek Tuszynski, PhD.                           o / \
 Science Applications International Corporation  <\__,|
 (703) 676-4192                                   ">   \
 Jaroslaw.W.Tuszynski at saic.com                     `    \