[R] Problem when pasting from Winedit into Rgui

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Aug 4 18:10:22 CEST 2005

jean.vidal at freesurf.fr wrote:

> After upgrading to R 2.1.1, the usual paste-and-go from Winedit seems to
> not work anymore.
> I try installing the last 'RWinEdt_1.7-3' edition, but with no more result.
> After selecting the program lines to submit, I  click on the 'paste' icon
> and nothing happens in the R gui (a subliminal, flashing move in the
> edition menu...). Idem for 'source' and 'R-history'.
> Downgrading to 2.0.1 solves the trouble.
>
> Do I forget something ?
> Thanks for any help.

You might want to conatct the RWinEdt maintainer. He would tell you that
you should read the output of RWinEdt appearaing when you say
   library(RWinEdt)

I guess you have a french localized version of RGui running in mdi mode?
In this case, switch to sdi mode and adjust the RWinEdt setting.
It's all explained in much more detail in the ReadMe of RWinEdt.

Uwe Ligges