[R] color palette

array chip arrayprofile at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 18:31:03 CEST 2005

Thanks for the suggestion. I still could not figure
out how to use the function to do my job. What's
important in my job is that I have to map white color
to value 0, and then form a bue gradient for negative
values, and red gradient for positive values. The data
matrix I have is not symmetric aound 0, say 0 is at
the 18 percentile, and values range from -10 to 30.
How exactly I could do my job? Bear with me, I am new
to color, I don't quite understand how the image
function map the number is the data matrix to the
colors defined in the col argument.

Thanks