[R] Help: how to stop the process when there is a mishandling

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Aug 4 20:16:45 CEST 2005

On 8/4/2005 11:39 AM, Shengzhe Wu wrote:
> and how about R on windows system? since I am currently using R of
> windows version.

Hit "ESC" in the console.  If that doesn't work, there's a bug.  Report
it to the package maintainer if you're running package code, or here if
it's base code.  Be sure to give enough details that others can see
things freeze.

And if it really is frozen, you can use Ctrl-Alt-Del to open the Windows
  Task Manager, select the Rgui application, and "End task".  Assuming
you have permission, etc.

Duncan Murdoch