[R] Problem configuring R-patched

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Thu Aug 4 20:57:28 CEST 2005

I downloaded R-patched (2005-08-04) from CRAN today.
I ran ./configure --enable-R-shlib

I received the error message:

checking for recommended packages... no
configure: error: Some of the recommended packages are missing
   Use --without-recommended-packages if this was intentional

I built a previous version of R-patched successfully on my system
which is running the SuSE 9,2 Pro Linux distribution.  I untarred the
tar ball into the same directory I did my last build on in case that's
important.

The only other differences between this attempt and my successful build
are:

1. I did not use --enable-R-shlib last time.
2. I found and installed the blas libraries for this build.

Have I messed up or made an erroneous assumption along the way?

Thanks

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist, Knowledge Translation Program