[R] Discriminant analysis

C NL cniharral_rhelp at yahoo.es
Fri Aug 5 08:59:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

  I'm a newbie in R and don't much aobut all the
modules and their capabilities, but I'm interested in
solving a problem about a discriminant analysis done
with SPSS tool. The thing is that I would like to make
a discrimant analysis similar to the one done with
SPSS, but I can't find the way to solve it.

  I've been playing with R and I can handle more or
less my data, the point is that I need to know what
kind of discriminant analysis should I use to obtain
the same results as I obtain with SPSS. Should I use
"qda" or "lda"?? If not, what else could I use??

  Can anybody help me to find out a light in my way?
I've been searching all over the web to fetch any help
or example but I couldn't get anything.

  I would apreciate any help greatly.

Thanks

  Carlos Niharra López