[R] gnomeGUI on FC4

White, Charles E WRAIR-Wash DC charles.edwin.white at us.army.mil
Sat Aug 6 17:38:56 CEST 2005

It seems nice that R is part of the 'walled garden' of applications specifically configured to run under Fedora Core 4 (Linux). The gnomeGUI has a separate installation routine under FC4 and yum tells me it's installed. I've even found an executable for it in /usr/lib/R/bin/exec. However, as far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything. Since the documentation is rather... sparse... I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to do anyway. As an experiment, I removed the RPM and downloaded the library using R. The list of errors generated by trying to install the library was rather spectacular, so I won't waste bandwidth printing it at the moment. Is there a simple way to get this library/program running or should I just wait for further development?

Thanks.

Chuck