[R] qq.loglogistic

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Aug 7 21:58:11 CEST 2005

	  I know of no such function.  Some authors have described PP and QQ
plots for a arbitrary distributions.  I've experimented with PP plots
and QQ plots for uniform, Student's t, chi-square and F distributions,
but have not gotten much out of them.  The uniform plots failed to show
adequate detail close to 0 or 1.  With the Student's t, chi-square, and
F plots, the points in the tail were too far apart for me to easily
judge what was happening.

	  However, I regularly use normal probability plots.  If I wanted to
test a logistic fit, I might esimate the parameters, e.g. using
"fitdistr" in library(MASS), then transform the data to probabilities
using plogis, then further tranform the probabilities to normal scores
using qnorm.  The I would make a normal probability plot.

	  If anyone else has relevant experience, whether consistent or
conflicting with mine, I'd be pleased to hear about it.

	  spencer graves

Petr Mandys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any similar function in R to S function qq.loglogistic, which
> produces a Q-Q plot?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Pete

Spencer Graves, PhD