[R] Groups in histograms?

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 14:06:15 CEST 2005

Hi Gary,

I have found this, but it is not exactly what I am looking for.
What I need is the groups to be inside of a single panel, not in
different panels.
Kind of like an histogram version of the xyplot(Y ~ X1,
groups=X2,panel=panel.superpose) command. (I hope this is correct).

/Fredrik

On 8/8/05, Gary Collins <collins.gs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have a look at the "histogram" function in the Lattice package.
>
> if x are your data to be displayed and y is your grouping variable you
> can just do
>
> > histogram(~x|y)
>
> HTH
> Gary
>
> On 08/08/05, Fredrik Karlsson <dargosch at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > I would like to create histograms for up to three groups, with
> > distincive colour/pattern, in a trellis panel. However, I have not
> > been able to find a way to do this. histogram does not seem to have a
> > group argument.
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > /Fredrik

My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on
http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/