[R] selecting outliers

Søren Højsgaard Soren.Hojsgaard at agrsci.dk
Mon Aug 8 14:59:35 CEST 2005

Perhaps what Alessandro is after is simpler than that: Making a plot of data in a data frame, being able to click on 'suspicious points', getting the corresponding rows of a data out in a new data frame (for further inspection) while keeping the 'good points' in the plot (and perhaps redoing some calculations on the basis of the good points only....). This could then go on in an iterative way. That would be a perfectly sensible thing to do. How difficult it is technically I don't know, but it seems that it would require a call-back mechanism from a plot window to R (and a more 'advanced' one than provided by 'locator()').

Best regards
Søren