[R] make error: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such,,,

Jake Michaelson jjmichael at comcast.net
Mon Aug 8 17:48:46 CEST 2005

I use Mac OS X at home and Linux at work, so the R Aqua GUI has spoiled
me.  I have not seen its equal so far (on Windows or Linux).  The most
important thing to me is how easily accessible the help and
documentation is.  I like how when I begin typing a function, the form
and arguments to the function automatically appear at the bottom bar,
refreshing my memory.  I like that all plots are output to on-screen
PDF.  I could go on and on, but I hope that someday we'll see something
on Linux with the same polish and ease-of-use.  Maybe when Cairo is
integrated into Gnome it might make PDF plot display more feasible...