[R] Question about curve fitting...

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 10 11:41:49 CEST 2005

Meta:
This question is somewhat long and has two parts, I would be very happy
for someone just to nudge me in the right direction with the manual /
tutorial, as I am somewhat lost...

1) How do I fit a curve of the form "y = k1 * x^k2" ?

I want to estimate values of k1 and k2 given the x/y data I have, and I
can't work out how to get R to calculate and return their estimates.

2) Given the value of k1 and k2 for population A, how can I test if
population B has significantly different values of k1 and k2?

Sorry for the basic question. I think I just need to read up on a few
functions.

I have about 50 xy pairs in total if that makes a difference.

Dan.