[R] Not loading libraries

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 10 13:54:19 CEST 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Fredrik Karlsson wrote:

> I have a bunch of libraries that are automatically loaded when I start
> the R environment. How do I remove them?

By undoing what you did to get them there.

`make' is not the usual way to start R: try R --vanilla and see what
happens (probably none of this).  Then read ?Startup and try just 'R'.

My guess is that has something to do loading Rcmdr afer having set R to
run with no default packages, but we have no evidence of how you ran R.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk