[R] repeated - R package - Compilation Error

rab45+@pitt.edu rab45+ at pitt.edu
Thu Aug 11 15:25:14 CEST 2005

> You know what spams are?
> It is highly recommended to try such basic things and to get the
> depencies right _before_ posting to mailing lists.
>
> Regards
>
> Michael
>
> rab45+ at pitt.edu wrote:
>>>When I go into binnest.f, here is what I see:
>>>
>>>C       Calculate First Derivative
>>>	   Do kk = 1, t1
>>>	      Gradient(kk) = Gradient(kk) + (D1_beta(kk) / Li)
>>>	   End do
>>>	   Do kk = 1, t2
>>>	      Gradient(t1+kk) = Gradient(t1+kk) + (D1_Sig1(kk) / Li)
>>>	   End do
>>>	   Do kk = 1, t3
>>>line 638 ->Gradient(t1+t2+kk) = Gradient(t1+t2+kk) + (D1_Sig2(kk) / Li)
>>>	   End do
>>>
>>>As you can see, line 638 looks just fine.
>>>
>>>Why do I get a compilation error?
>>>
>>>Rick B.
>>>

>> I used a text editor to remove two blanks from the front of line 638 and
>> it compiled without errors. Now I have to find the "rmutil" package and
>> install it to get repeated working.
>>
>> Rick B.

I'm not sure what your point is. I'm getting a compilation error for a
package that should compile without errors. The error message doesn't say
anything about needing anything - it doesn't complain about
"dependencies." Now once I got repeated to compile, it did give a
*warning" message about needing rmutils. But rmutils won't compile and
gives several error messages (in my other post). I've installed many R
packages and I've never seen problems like this before.

Rick B.