[R] Problem with lme4

Peter Ho peter at fe.up.pt
Fri Aug 12 13:29:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

I cannot seem to get lme4 to work. I have installed the lme4 and Matrix
package with apt-get. and both can be found in /usr/lib/R/site-library.
When I tried an example for lmer, R could not find the function lmer(),

 > library(lme4)

Attaching package: 'lme4'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:nlme :

         getCovariateFormula getResponseFormula groupedData

Error in autoloader(name = "confint", package = "MASS") :
        autoloader did not find 'confint' in 'MASS'
 > (fm1 <- lmer(decrease ~ treatment + (1|rowpos) + (1|colpos),
+              OrchardSprays))
Error: couldn't find function "lmer"

Is this a bug with the lme4 package for Debian (r-cran-lme4)?

Peter

#########################
R : Copyright 2005, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 2.1.1  (2005-06-20), ISBN 3-900051-07-0

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

'help.start()' for a HTML browser interface to help.
Type 'q()' to quit R.

Attaching package: 'nlme'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :

         contr.SAS

This is mgcv 1.2-4
[Previously saved workspace restored]