[R] Dating Objects

Jason Skelton jps at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Aug 12 14:27:51 CEST 2005

Hi

I know this subject has been mentioned before but from the mail archives
I'm under the impression that this is not possible ?
I'm trying to carryout the equivalent of ls -l in R to give some
date/time label to each of my objects

If the case is that there is no equivalent, is it possible to list all
objects in an environment that share a common component ?
So that the common component is also displayed ?

I'm attempting to do the following

object$time <- Sys.time() for every object i've created
which although tedious appears to work

However I've no idea how if it is possible to list all the objects by $time
or extract the object name & $ time from all objects simultaneously so I
can compare them.
Or am I just wasting my time ?

Apologies but my knowledge of R is limited at best ;-(
Any help would be fantastic and greatfully received

Cheers

Jason

--
Jason Skelton