[R] evaluating string variables

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Aug 12 17:03:29 CEST 2005

Given my own language inadequacies (I speak only one), I must, of necessity,
refrain from criticizing  the multilingual. However, in this one instance my
sensibilities have been overwhelmed: "symmetric" , please :-)   .

Incidentally, you may find that file.path() is also useful.

Cheers,
Bert

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box