[R] boot error: Error in statistic(data, original, ...) : unused argument(s) ( ...)

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Sat Aug 13 05:19:24 CEST 2005

I am having difficulty setting up a boot strap.
My code is listed below. I am getting the following
error message:
Error in statistic(data, original, ...) : unused argument(s) ( ...)

I neither understand the error I have made that leads to
the error message, nor do I know how to fix my error.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
John

R2.1.1 patched
Win 2k.

> AdjForBase2<-
+ function (data)
+ {
+ cat("******************\n")
+
+ x1<-data[,1]
+ x2<-x1+rnorm(100,0,2)
+ xdiff<-x2-x1
+ corx1x2minx1<-cor(x1,xdiff)
+
+ y1<-data[,2]
+ y2<-y1+rnorm(100,10,2)
+ ydiff<-y2-y1
+ cory1y2miny1<-cor(y1,ydiff)
+
+ return(c(mean(x1),mean(x2),corx1x2minx1,
+          mean(y1),mean(y2),cory1y2miny1))
+ }
>  boot(data=mommy,statistic=AdjForBase2,R=10)
Error in statistic(data, original, ...) : unused argument(s) ( ...)

John Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
Baltimore VA Medical Center GRECC and
University of Maryland School of Medicine Claude Pepper OAIC

University of Maryland School of Medicine
Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)