[R] merge warning is.na(out$h)

Fulton, Brent bfulton at prgs.edu
Tue Aug 16 07:56:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

Does anyone know how to interpret this merge warning and whether it's critical to fix? The merge seemed to work fine, but I am concerned.

data3<-merge(data1, data2, by="ID", all=TRUE)

Warning messages: 1: is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) in: is.na(out$h)  Error in cat(list(...), file, sep, fill, labels, append) : argument 2 not yet handled by cat

When I remove all=TRUE or just include all.y=TRUE, I don't get the warning; however, I get the warning when I include all.x=TRUE.

Thanks,
Brent Fulton