[R] Set R 2.1.1. in English

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:27:20 CEST 2005

Another way is to create a file called Renviron.site with the following
single line:

LANGUAGE=en

and put it in your ...\R\rw2011\etc folder.  In your case,

echo LANGUAGE=en > c:\R\rw2011\etc\Renviron.site

would do it.  This would result in R being in English not only if you
(1) used the shortcut but also if you (2) used the command line to start R
or if you (3) used Start > Programs > R >, rw2011 .