[R] Console

Sean O'Riordain sean.oriordain at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:25:21 CEST 2005

Hi Daniela,

Are you using the GUI (RGui.exe) or are you using R.exe inside the
cmd.exe console? if the latter then you can right click on the blue
bar at the top, select properties, and change "Screen Buffer Size" /
Height to be something like 9000... then you can just use your mouse
to slider back up to stuff you missed...

On the number of questions per day... I think if you go through the
"Posting Guide"
http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html, the "Introduction to R",
the FAQs (normal and Windows) http://cran.r-project.org/faqs.html and
the other ancillary documentation, such as    R-Tips
http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/R/Rtips.html... all of which are mentioned
in the Posting Guide... :-)

The process of going through the posting guide each time, while a bit
tedious is an incredible learning experience... many posts to the list
just would never happen if the author went to the trouble of going
through the posting guide... admittedly the introductory documentation
is not as good as it could be and is a bit terse in places...

However, that said, I am also a relative beginner at R, I try to read
and understand every post, most of them just go straight over my head
as my statistical skills are severely lacking and when people start
talking about GLMs all I hear is a whooshing sound over my head :-)

One way that I have found useful for learning is to pick on questions
which are at my level and try and answer them... and in answering
them, I learn with you. Of course sometimes I give sub-optimal
answers, but there are plenty of experts around to nudge us in the
right direction :-)

cheers!
Sean